Thursday 2 January 2014

Small fry skinny jeans tester

Over the holidays I had the pleasure of being selected to test the small fry skinny jeans for Titchy Threads. If you are a frequent reader of my blog, you probably know I am a big fan of these skinnies and made the free available 2T a couple of times for rascal. But now it gets even better, Laura is working on sizes 0-3 months up to 12 years and the pattern comes with loads of options (half fly, zipper, patch pockets or insets and coinpocket). I tested the 18-24 months for little rascal with a half fly and inset pockets. I chose a grey stretch denim fabric and black thread for topstitching.

The instructions are clear and full of pictures. Being kind of a visual seamstress, this really helps me getting the project to a good ending. Because of the different options this is a pattern suitable for beginners as well as an advanced level of sewing.
For me this was the first time I sewed flat felled seams, I really like how neat the finish looks with these seams. The jeans fit little rascal perfectly, good length and not too big at the top as store bought jeans (even skinnies) often tend to be. He doesn't even need a belt in this pair!
I'll sure be making a lot more of these skinnies for both my boys. Well enough said, it's clear I am a fan of these jeans. Keep an eye out for the release date, somewhere around the 10th of January on Titchy Threads!






8 comments:

  1. wauw, een mooi broekje! komt op mijn to do list :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je Cindy! En het is zeker de moeite waard dit broekje op je lijst te zetten.

      Delete
  2. Wat een stoere broek.....ti's dat ik nog nooit een echte broek gemaakt heb, maar anders zette ik mij er ook aan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! Dit is ook een prima broek om als "eerste broek" te maken hoor. Gewoon rustig de tijd voor nemen, met de instructies erbij kan het eigenlijk niet mis :)

      Delete
  3. He looks so fashionable. I love how detailed Laura makes her patterns/instructions, I always learn something from her and that is amazing. Can't wait to use this pattern again and again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Magda! And I couldn't agree more, I also got a lot of skinnies planned for the future :)

      Delete
  4. I love this whole outfit and your jeans look fantastic. You chose great colours (as always). Thanks for the help with testing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I loved testing for you, my first time as a tester ever!

      Delete

Love to hear your thoughts, feel free to leave a comment!