Wednesday 2 April 2014

Project run and play sew along, spring break challenge

This second week's theme got me instantly enthousiastic. Making an outfit with your favourite vacation spot in mind, so fun! For us this is definately the UK. We picked our destination for this summer and for the third year in a row we will be camping there for three weeks. The rascals have seen quite a lot of the UK already, but we haven't shown them London yet. I think this will be more fun for them (and us) when they are a little older. But for this week's outfit London's calling! A garment inspired by the British punk rock bands.

I started with some more shorts sewing, a quick and easy pair made out of sweatshirt fabric, based on the basic kid pants by Made. Perfect for gym class at school.

The shirt is a recess raglan. The guitar on the back is made with textile paint and I added the record on the front with transfer paper. I wanted to try this for quite some time now and finally got around to it. It works perfectly, the only downside is that the fabric becomes a bit stiff. Hopefully this will improve by washing.



Okay here comes the photoshoot fun










12 comments:

  1. Fabulous!!! Wonderful execution of the PR&P theme.
    http://xoxograndma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy, heading over to your blog now to see what you made :)

      Delete
  2. Ah, that's great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even did my sewing while listening to the clash on spotify :)

      Delete
  3. oh I love it. The recess raglan is my go to pattern for knit shirts for my kids. Love the inspiration and execution - Great job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carin. The recess raglan is my go to pattern for knit shirts as well, such a great fit.

      Delete
  4. Hey, we used some iron on transfers in our spring break sew along look too! Love your version!
    (http://skirtfixation.com/2014/03/spring-break-beach-outfits/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! heading over to your blog now to check out your transfer.

      Delete
  5. Great job! It is so hard to find fun stuff to sew for boys but this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photoshoot! I'd love to see you join us this week at the Inspire Us Thursdays! link party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ren, thank you and thanks for inviting me! Heading over to your link party right now :)

      Delete

Love to hear your thoughts, feel free to leave a comment!